- This Quarter (Dec-15), Nifty companies profits fell by 6.5%. BFSI’s profits fell by 11.5%. Ex-BFSI, profits are down by 4.7%.
- Companies which knocked down the profits most are: SBI, Tata Steel, Vedanta, Cairn and BHEL. Except, SBI all other reported huge loss or marginal profit.
- Companies which pushed up the profits are: ONGC, Power grid, Coal India, HDFC bank and TCS.
- Auto & IT as a sector did well.
- Companies like RIL, Kotak Bank, Asian Paints, Hero Motocorp, Bosch reported 30%+ profit growth.
- Though 5 companies are yet to report results, but 45 companies considered accounted for 95% of profits in Dec-14 quarter.