An analysis of Indian Stock’s performance, when Crude started tumbling from Jun-2014
In Jun-14, Crude was above $105. Recently, it touched to the lowest level of $34 and resisted to fall further. Now it’s around $46. Many feels that crude has bottomed out now. Such a drastic change in Crude had impact on all kinds of markets, be it stock, currency, bonds or other commodities market.
Notable movement in Indian stock during these 22 month are :
- Nifty gained 5% vs 56% fall in crude prices.
- Most PSU Bank stock fell by 60-70%. Private Bank’s stock rose by 40-80%.
- Most of the Consumer Durables, FMCG, Paints & Chemicals, Pharma and Textiles stocks have posted huge gains.
- All BSE 500 FMCG stock have given positive return.
- Aviation stocks, SpiceJet and Jet Airways prices multiplied by 4.3 and 2.6 times.
- Most of the Mining & Minerals, Power Generation, Steel stock fell sharply.